Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Doc visit

I had another doctor visit on Monday. I walk in, get weighed, then go pee in a cup. This time the helper lady says, "grab one of the regular cups." To which I say, "One without a lid?" She laughs and says yes. I think to myself, this is weird that I'm peeing in a cup that most people would not thinking about peeing in but rather think about having an ice cold refreshing beverage out of. Weird! Anyway, so I go in the room after I finish my business and she takes my blood pressure and what not. Then the doc comes in and says, "Everything looks good, except you haven't gained any weight in a month." I think to myself are you kidding? MY PANTS DON'T FIT! However, then I remembered (obviously something I wanted to forget) that I had the flu 2 weeks ago and lost between 4-5 lbs. She said that would do the trick. I then proceeded to tell her that I can't eat meat anymore. I look at it and might take a bite but then I can't stand to look at it anymore. She laughs, says that's normal and to eat more peanut butter, nuts, milk and cheese. Then she makes me get up on the table and lay down and puts that cold goopy stuff on my belly and turns on the doppler. This time she finds baby bean's heartbeat rather quickly and it's making the whoosh whoosh sound that it makes and then BAM! She goes OH that was definitely a kick! So we start listening again because mind you she's trying to count it's little heartbeats and BAM another kick. She finishes by saying it's heartbeat is between 150-160 beats a minute and that is normal considering how active baby bean seems to be. I then ask when we get to find out what baby bean is and she laughs at me again and says I have to wait 4 more weeks. She says that it's parts are developed but that it's easier to tell at 2o weeks. So when I have my next appointment then she'll order an ultrasound. I don't think May 12th can come soon enough!!

On a different note, last night when Kyle came to bed he tells me he loves me, but then rubs my belly and says, "I think I love you too." Too cute! :) 

1 comment:

  1. I think you're growing a soccer player in there! That is extremely cute and cuddly of my brother... who knew.

    ReplyDelete