Tuesday, May 19, 2009

May 12, 2009

I went to the doctor last Tuesday for my 20 week appt. (WOO HOO for the half way point). Anyway, she says things look great and that she was ordering an ultrasound. I got excited and hoped that I would be able to go that day since Kyle's aunt Sandy (she works at the hospital in OB) told me I would have to wait a week because that's how long it usually took for an opening. Well the girl at the office called and nope, no such luck. I had to wait until the next day!! Anyway, so I couldn't wait for the next day. My appointment was at 3:00. Kyle was going to meet me at the hospital because he wanted to prove it was a boy. I get there before him and read the paper that says he won't be allowed to be in the room until they are done doing all the technical stuff. So I go in the room with the nice lady I had for my last ultrasound. She plops the gel on which was rather warm I might add as I was expecting it to be cold! She starts her business, lets me hear the heart and then keeps going about her business for what seems like an ETERNITY!! FINALLY, she goes out and gets Kyle to show us baby Jump. She's looking around and of course it's behind was facing us. At first she says, "Well I don't see anything hanging, I think that means you are having a girl." I'm pumped at this point. However, then she deflates my little balloon. She says after changing views, "Oh shoot, that's the umbilical cord between it's legs!" That little booger is already as uncooperative as it's daddy!! She kept trying, but no such luck. It was moving all over the place and kicking and punching and opening it's mouth. Don't get me wrong, it's one of the coolest things ever, but darn the little thing! I wanted to find out!! So needless to say, we still have NO IDEA what baby Jump will be!! But as the nurse said, "The important thing is that it's healthy." Which I completely agree with. Just wish we could have found out!! 

Since baby Jump wants to be a surprise, we decided to go with a Safari theme for the nursery. Monkeys and Lions and Giraffes OH MY!! :) I'll work on getting ultrasound pictures posted in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment